Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Make Halloween Frightening for the Kids!

Here I am, and it is October the eleventh. This, like all blogs that suck and people don't care about, is mainly for me to reiterate my thoughts into words, kinda put myself in place. I could keep a journal, but something about the fact that someone, somewhere on the internet might read it gives me the initiative to start writing (and hopefully continue).This blog is about Halloween, my favorite pagan holiday (Christmas and Easter are alright). I intend to keep a journal regarding my preparation for this year's Halloween, which is the first Halloween I will not be "trick or treating" (I'm 18, I have no friends, and I am not interested in candy this year). Before I begin, I would like to explain myself. Apparently, Halloween does not mean as much to some as it does to others. I grew up in a family that fell into Halloween, and I, in turn, love it. I like dressing up, I like the fact that so many people that would never say hi to each other are suddenly running around together and having fun, or greeting strangers with a smile and tasty treats. My favorite part of Halloween, however, was that among all the houses I went to, there would always be at least one that attempted to be scary. It was better than the candy, they didn't need to give me anything, because it felt like they really cared. I always hoped to find another house that put some effort into making Halloween as scary as it should be, but it was usually just the single house...So I decided to try my hand at making a scary house. Some people don't understand, maybe I'm waiting my time and money, but I'm doing it for the kids, it's my choice and I want to try and give the future generation that extra scary housed that I always waited for around the next street corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home