Wednesday, October 18, 2006

No Witches Cackling this Halloween (Real Scary Music)

Alright, Halloween is less than two weeks away, and while I have a beginning to my plans...the end is still uncertain. I wanted to do a haunted yard. I wanted to try and make something so scary that folks would come from all around to see, because I felt that those houses are too rare, and that there should be many more!!! And so I began. It all started with my favorite horror game, Silent Hill 2 (I only played for about two hours and quit because it was too scary...)! Anyway, the scariest thing about the game was the sound. I went after the score online, but it was too pricey for my limited budget. I tried downloading some of the songs from a peer to peer network. I found out that it was indeed the type of music I wanted to play at my yard haunt, but there was not enough. There are four different Silent Hill games. There are far too many songs to find from something as shoot-and-miss as a peer to peer network, and on CD there are unreleased tracks that I would have trouble finding in that format, so I went online. After a few minutes of searching, I cam across a wonderful site that was full of scary game music. It was called Evil Unleashed, and it had the complete albums and unreleased tracks for all the Silent Hill games. It also had tracks from musicians that create music inspired by Silent Hill's main composer Akira Yamaoka under the title of Broken Notes. With all the Silent Hill music, and the Broken Notes tracks, I was ready to create the playlist for Halloween (I still have not created the playlist...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home